Aims, Topics & Outcome
- To ensure that those leading services understand the role of front-line leadership, and how this impacts the transition of training being turned into practice for the benefit of people we support, staff and the service
- To ensure those leading services understand the differences between general leadership skills, and Practice Leadership skills
- To ensure those leading services understand principles contained within the ‘Guiding’ and ‘Organising’ aspects of Practice Leadership
- To ensure those leading services understand how to support their staff to develop their skills and implement expected practice following mandatory training
- To ensure those leading services are able to identify, create, and utilise opportunities to use Practice Leadership principles and ensure quality assurance
- Understanding what is Practice Leadership, and the elements of theory contained within.
- Understanding the potential positive impacts of Practice Leadership on people we support, staff, and services.
- Understanding how Practice Leadership plays a key role in embedding other frameworks into the service e.g. Positive Behaviour Support and Active Support.
- Understanding the importance of, and how to, role-model effectively and coach staff to utilise expected practice, via reflective practice and demonstration.
- Understanding the benefits of good organisation, planning, recording, use or resources, and review, in relation to being able to provide best quality support and expected practice.
- Understanding how to explain the organisation’s values, in a way which translates how mandatory training and policy relates to the service and people we support.
Learning Outcomes - by the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognise their role as a practice leader and an agent of change and development within the service.
- Recognise opportunities for development, review, organisation, and exploring barriers, in relation to embedding expected practice in the service.
- Be able to use coaching and reflective practice to support staff to develop their skills.
- Recognise the value of their role-modelling towards staff development and understanding of the organisation’s values and goals.
- Motivate staff to implement and understand “this is how we do it, and why’” and the benefits of doing so in relation to each person we support and service standards.
- Deliver feedback and coaching in a positive and inspiring way.
Delegates will receive a CPD certificate for the course* after successful completion. The certificate is valid for two years, after which time delegates will need to attend again as a refresher. *terms and conditions apply: please see our Training Policy
Hi there, and welcome! I’m Daniel, a Senior Trainer…Find out more