Behaviours that Challenge (BtC) – Break Away Skills (Refresher Training)
Our training is CPD-accredited and endorsed by Skills for Care.
- Behaviours that Challenge (BtC) 12-hour course
- Restraint Reduction Principles and Values
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS)
- Adults at Risk Training
- Autism Awareness Training
- Challenging Behaviour
Recommended Participants: Day Opportunities Worker, Day Opportunities Worker with Additional Responsibilities, Positive Behaviour Support Workers, Senior Positive Behaviour Support Workers, Person Centred Planner, Senior Day Opportunities Workers, Team Leaders, Deputy Managers, Centre Managers, Service Managers, Head of Services, Head Office Staff, Parents, Drivers and Volunteers.
- To discuss non – restrictive strategies to deal with behaviours that challenge
- To discuss the importance of communication and presenting information in client’s language
- To discuss when break away skills may be necessary as a last resort
- To discuss duty of candour – safe, kind and effective care.
- Duty of Candour
- Pro Active Strategies
- Post Incident Management
- Briefing and debriefing
- Using Restraint as a last resort
- Restraint Reduction Network Principles
- Being Person Centred
- Breakaway Skills
- Reflective Practice – learning the lessons.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- To have a range of strategies to use when being presented with behaviours that challenge.
- To understand the importance of post incident management.
- Understand that the client being supported is still trying to communicate their needs
- To know when to employ break away skills and as a resort.
- To promote clients so that they feel safe, calm and well supported.
- To understand that all staff are supported and valued.
- To understand the importance of personal development and reading policies and procedures in relation supporting people with Behaviours that Challenge.
Certification Delegates will receive a CPD certificate for the course* after successful completion. * terms and conditions apply: plea se see our Training Policy
Hello! I’m Buko, founder of Solutions Social Care…Find out more