Positive Behaviour Support Mini Workshop
Times: 09.30am – 15.30pm
Venue: Redmond Community Centre, Kayani Avenue, Woodberry Down, London, N4 2HF Nearest Train Station: Manor House.
Provisions: Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided. Lunch is not provided but there will be a lunch break and there are plenty of shops and cafés nearby. There is also a microwave.
Aims, Topics & Outcome
- To gain an understanding of the main uses of PBS
- To develop an understanding of behaviour that challenges, and of the causes of behaviour that challenges
- To be able to discuss functions of behaviour that are specific to certain service users
- To understand why PBS is a wholistic concept driven by science and values
- To understand the importance of taking data and how to record good/useful data
- To understand elements of a PBS plan and the different stages of intervention (traffic light system/assault cycle).
- To discuss how PBS tools can be used in practice to improve quality of life (empowerment model/zero-five).
Learning Outcomes - by the end of the course participants will be able to:
- For staff to understand the purpose of a PBS plan
- For staff to be able to give a definition of behaviour that challenges and examples
- For staff to understand the 5 functions of behaviour
- For staff to ensure they know how to take good data and the importance of this
- For staff to understand the importance of reducing behaviour that challenges, and the importance of promoting quality of life
- For staff to have an understanding of models to use to increase quality of life
For over a decade Holly has worked closely with children…Find out more