Deputy Day Centre Manager (West)
- Experience of supporting adults / children with autism, complex behaviour and behaviours that challenge, learning disabilities and severe learning disabilities.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the social care sector.
- A commitment to ensure continuous development of the service in line with the National Minimum Care Standards, CQC, Skills for Care Social Commitment, DoH Valuing People and other relevant legislation.
- A commitment to SSC’s values, vision, strategies and policies.
- An understanding of SSC’s pledge to the Social Care Commitment, CPD membership, and Autism Accreditation.
- The ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in written form) with a wide range of figures in a friendly and professional manner.
- A commitment to person-centered planning and an ability to support service users with their individual needs, support plans.
- A willingness to develop own skills and knowledge through further training within the service.
- At least 3 years’ experience. Ability to demonstrate through examples in interview. 2 years’ experience as a Senior member of staff.
- A relevant teaching qualification e.g. City & Guilds 7307, Post – Compulsory Teaching Certificate (PCET) post 16, Certificate of Education (Cert Ed) Degree in Education, in special needs or autism. If none of the above, then two years’ previous experience and a relevant degree e.g. psychology, social work, social science, sports science, music therapy, art therapy, physiotherapy.
- Experience of supporting a company in this way. Ability to demonstrate through examples in interview.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of these areas in interview.
Ability to demonstrate familiarity with SSC’s pledges and accreditations in interview.
- To have looked at Social Care Commitment, CPD accreditation and Autism Accreditation information.
- Experience of this, ability to demonstrate in interview. References supporting this skill.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and/or understanding in interview.
- Previous training and ability to produce certificates if asked.