Day Centre Manager (North)
- Experience of supporting adults / children with autism, complex behaviour and behaviours that challenge, learning disabilities and severe learning disabilities.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the social care sector.
- A commitment to ensure continuous development of the service in line with the National Minimum Care Standards, CQC, Skills for Care Social Commitment, Dept. of Health Valuing People and other relevant legislation.
- A commitment to SSC’s values, vision, strategies and policies.
- An understanding of SSC’s pledge to the Social Care Commitment, CPD membership, and Autism Accreditation.
- The ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in written form), using various mediums such as Slack, emails and phone calls, with a wide range of figures in a friendly and professional manner.
- A commitment to person-centred planning and an ability to support service users with their individual needs, support plans.
- A willingness to develop own skills and knowledge through further training within the service.
- At least 3 years’ experience. Ability to demonstrate through examples in interview.
- A relevant teaching qualification e.g. City & Guilds 7307, Post – Compulsory Teaching Certificate (PCET) post 16, Certificate of Education (Cert Ed) Degree in Education, in special needs or autism. If none of the above, then two years’ previous experience and a relevant degree e.g. psychology, social work, social science, sports science, music therapy, art therapy, physiotherapy.
- Experience of supporting a company in this way. Ability to demonstrate through examples in interview.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of these areas in interview. Ability to demonstrate familiarity with SSC’s pledges and accreditations in interview.
- To have looked at Social Care Commitment, CPD accreditation and Autism Accreditation information.
- Experience of this, ability to demonstrate in interview. References supporting this skill.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and/or understanding in interview.